What is AJAX ?
- The XmlHttpRequest is an actual object which works behind the scene.
- Response data is parsed using DOM.
- Asynchronous data retrieval using XmlHttpRequest
Advantages of AJAX
- Reduce the traffic travels between the client and the server.
- Response time is faster so increases performance and speed.
- You can use Firefox browser with an add-on called as Firebug to debug all Ajax calls.
- AJAX communicates over HTTP Protocol.
Disadvantages of AJAX
- It can increase design and development time
- More complex than building classic web application
- Security is less in AJAX application as all files are downloaded at client side.
- Search Engine like Google cannot index AJAX pages.
- Due to security constraints, you can only use it to access information from the host that served the initial page. If you need to display information from another server, it is not possible within the AJAX.